The deadline is approaching… Act now to save the Adoption Tax Credit before December 31, 2012!
The outcome will directly affect Holt families. It will also affect children waiting for a family. If this act does not pass, they may not have one.
Right now, Members of Congress are in D.C. addressing tax and budget issues that need to be resolved before the end of the year. One critical issue under consideration is whether to extend the adoption tax credit!
As many of you know, the adoption tax credit is often a major factor in a family’s ability to adopt. Without this financial resource, many families simply can’t afford to! At Holt, we know some families are waiting for the outcome of this vote before deciding whether to go through with their adoption. That means children are waiting too – waiting to see whether they will be able to join a loving, stable home of their own.
And it all rests on whether our government reauthorizes – and makes refundable* – the adoption tax credit!
To ensure this act passes, Congress must hear from you!
What To Do:
You can also click below for your legislator’s contact information:
2. Ask to be connected to the legislator’s office. Then ask to speak to the legislative assistant that handles adoption or tax issues.
3. Ask all three of your federal legislators to become a cosponsor of the Making Adoptions Affordable Act, S. 3616/H.R. 4373.
- Hi, I am a constituent and I would like the Senator to cosponsor the Making Adoptions Affordable Act – S. 3616 (or Representative to cosponsor H.R. 4373).
- The adoption tax credit ensures that vulnerable children find loving homes and do not languish in orphanages or foster care.
- *The refundable provision is particularly important, because otherwise families with lower or moderate incomes — families who don’t owe taxes — won’t benefit. In some cases, that means families won’t be able to adopt at all.
- Research has found that each adoption from foster care saves up to $235,000 in total public costs over the child’s lifetime.
- Will the Senator/Representative cosponsor H.R.4373/S.3616?
Thank you for taking action. Your vocal support of the Adoption Tax Credit is vital to ensuring children find the families they need and deserve.